Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Assignment for WED

1. I think pilot needs more than one language. For example, if pilot spoke only one language, it should be problem because pilot is international job. They have to handle airplane to forigne airport and get some permit from it to land. At that time, they need to speak English to communicate each other, so that is why they need to speak more than one language.

2. As for me, it is good to study. My major is Linguistic Philosophy. Several languages help me to understand complicated topic. For example, if I need to understand "criterion", Greek can help me to understand more deeply. According to etimology, that is originally greek words, and it should be provide depth of knowledge. I believe it is good for students to study specific subject.

3. I think it really depends on personal aptitude. As for me, when I was in Germany, I was a proffessor assistant. At that time, I got a poor salary, but I was happy because it gave me opportunities to study and teach, so I think it does not matter really. Just do what I want to do is the most important thing when I have to determine it.

No comments: